Please try our wide variety of interactive financial problem solvers. Simply enter your criteria and you'll get your questions answered with dynamic graphs and personalized reports
Please note the following tax due dates on your calendar, and come back often to keep up with the changes.
Our firm had its beginnings in 1956 when Mr. John W. Lynch, Public Accountant, having just resigned from the Internal Revenue Service, opened his office on east Tulare Avenue (John Iacano building, just east of Canbys). In 1958 Mr. Lynch was elected to the State Board of Equalization and on January 1, 1959, Mr. Joe F. Adair joined the firm as senior accountant. In 1960, the accounting practice of Mr. Carmel S. Harris was acquired. The firm at that time consisted of a total of four full time people.
In January 1963, the accounting practice of Andrew Dokas was acquired and shortly thereafter the offices were relocated across from the Tulare Post Office (current location of Bank of the West). In 1963, Mr. Adair became a partner and the firm operated under the name of Lynch and Adair. The firm then consisted of five full time and two part time people.
On January 1964, Mr. Don J. Evans became a partner, the name was changed to Lynch, Adair, & Evans and the offices were again relocated to 345 Kern Street. Full time staff numbered six with two part time staff. In 1965, Mr. Lynch retired from the firm and the name was changed the Adair & Evans, Certified Public Accountants.
The firm continued to grow and in 1973, it constructed and moved to new offices at 121 East Kern. As a side note, this construction was the first development in Tulare's Downtown Redevelopment Project. As the firm continued to grow, it was not too long before a new office was constructed at 111 East Kern in 1978. At that time the firm consisted of fourteen full time and two part time people.
In 1981 Michael L. Erwin was admitted as a partner to the firm.
In 1986, an addition was made to the building at 111 East Kern to deal with the continuing growth. In 1995, the old offices at 121 and 123 East Kern were reacquired.
In 1996, Eric M. White was admitted as a shareholder to the firm. At that time, Don Evans and Joe Adair retired from the firm.
In 2000, the firm of Joncoaltz and Rowland was acquired. In addition, Lance E. Morris and Bret P. Stuber were admitted as shareholders. Mr. Joncoaltz then retired after serving the accounting profession for over 50 years.
In 2003, David T. Eddy was admitted as a shareholder to the firm.
In 2005, the tax practice of Helen Saulsbury was acquired.
In 2007, the firm of Brown, Neuman and Semas, located in Hanford, was merged into the existing practice.
In 2010, Tim A. Dodson was admitted as a shareholder to the firm.
In 2013, Michael L. Erwin retired from the firm.
In 2014, the firm of Donn Doss, CPA, located in Hanford, was acquired.
In 2015, the firm of Earl Parks, CPA, located in Porterville, was acquired.
On November 1, 2016, the firm opened a new office located in Porterville.
In 2017, the firm of Paul E. Klippenstein, located in Porterville, was acquired.
Our current partners are Eric M. White, Lance E. Morris, David T. Eddy, and Tim A. Dodson.
The Firm operates out of three offices, located in Tulare, Hanford and Porterville.
The firm has successfully completed its most recent Peer Review. The review was completed by an outside independent certified public accountant who reviewed the firm's system of quality control and issued a report stating that the firm is in compliance with the stringent quality control standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, the national professional organization of CPAs.
The partners and staff are very much involved in our community. The following list is reflective of the organizations in which we are members (past and present) and support: